The Theatre Bath Bus is a unique mobile venue which hosts an intimate auditorium on a converted single-decker bus. The project is entirely volunteer run and has been funded by donations from individual sponsors and local businesses. The aim of the bus is to enable art to be able to travel to the heart of local communities ensuring that access to the arts is available to as many people as possible.
The bus is managed by a small team of volunteers who give us their free-time to enable exciting events to take place on the bus.
About The Role
You will be a member of a small team, a motivated and driven individual who is keen to make their mark on a truly unique and special project. With a good eye for detail you will assist with the planning and execution of technical operations for the Theatre Bath Bus. You will also be encouraged to use your creative flare to help realise the vision of the Theatre Bath Bus team.
This role will enable the right person to gain experience of working as a technician on a unique project within an arts environment.
As the bus expands we envisage being able to offer clients freelance technical support for their projects so there is a possibility of this role leading to paid work for a variety of organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setting up and running lighting, sound and AV on the bus
- Setting up and running the generator
- Ensuring all Health and Safety policies are adhered to
- Helping with stewarding audience and evacuation of the bus in an emergency
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018. There will be opportunities to work as part of the Theatre Bath Bus team at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival – assisting with potentially over 200 performances on the bus as part of the Fringe.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Lighting, Sound and AV set up, programming and operation
- Lighting, Sound and AV design skills an advantage
- Live sound mixing and balancing for small-scale music performances
- Experience of live events
- Health and safety legislation and implementation
- Operating ETC Eos software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under-pressure
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate yourself and work without supervision
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in theatre and the arts
- Access to your own computer, laptop or Mac
Hours of Work:
The role can be as involved as you want it to be and will depend upon booking of the bus.
However, all volunteers will be required to agree to assist at a certain number of events (amount to be discussed) on board the Theatre Bath Bus.
Why volunteer to work for us?
By working with us you will gain valuable skills in the following areas:
- Event Management
- Technical skills for a small organisation
- Working to deadlines
- Communication and Networking
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make valuable contacts within the local and national theatre scene. It will allow you to discover what is already on offer in Bath and where and how your future project(s) can fit into Bath’s fantastic arts community.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this opportunity to: email@example.com – please do be creative with your cover letter, we’re looking from someone who appreciates a creative environment.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 September – 5pm.