Events / Project Assistants
The Theatre Bath Bus is a unique mobile venue which hosts an intimate auditorium on a converted single-decker bus. The project is entirely voluntary run and has been funded by donations from individual sponsors and local businesses. The aim of the bus is to enable art to be able to travel to the heart of local communities ensuring that access to the arts is available to as many people as possible.
The bus is managed by a small team of volunteers who give us their free-time to enable events to happen on the bus.
About The Role
You will be a member of a small team who is self-motivated, driven and keen to make your mark on a truly unique and special project. With an excellent eye for detail you will assist with the smooth running of projects and events on the Theatre Bus, and will be encouraged to use your creative flare and input to help realise the vision of the Theatre Bath Bus team.
This role will provide the successful candidate with valuable experience of working on events, in a unique venue, within an arts environment. Also creative ownership and output.
As the bus expands we envisage being able to offer clients freelance event management support for their projects so there is a possibility of this role leading to paid freelance event work for other arts organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working Front of House on events on the bus
- Meeting and greeting customers and clients
- Working the box office for events
- Working the bar for events
- Assisting with the set-up and smooth running of events on the bus
- Managing and creating events for the bus in liaison with the Theatre Bath Bus team and clients
- Managing the Health and Safety of events on the bus
- Running shows and events on the bus
- Dealing with customers and clients
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018. Working as part of the core Theatre Bath Bus team to help run events at the Edinburgh Fringe 2018. This will include working over the 24 day fringe period on some of the 200+ slots on the bus.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Event management, working in an arts/events environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Ability to work well under-pressure
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate yourself and work without supervision
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in theatre and the arts
- Access to your own computer, laptop or Mac
- Experience of using WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience of using MailChimp for email campaigns
- Experience of using Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent design software
- Experience of video creation and editing
All volunteers will be required to help assist running a number of events (amount to be discussed) on board the bus.
Hours of Work:
The role can be as involved as you want it to be but we would anticipate you spending at least 12hrs a week working on the project and being available to attend committee meetings and other events as required by the volunteer management team.
Why volunteer to work for us?
By working with us you will gain valuable skills in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Working to deadlines
- Communication and Networking
- Event Administration
- Event Management
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make valuable contacts within the local and national theatre scene. It will allow you to discover what is already on offer in Bath and where and how your future project(s) can fit into Bath’s fantastic arts community.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please do be creative with your cover letter, we’re looking from someone who has unique artistic flare.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 September – 5pm.