Fundraising and Sponsorship Assistant
The Theatre Bath Bus is a unique mobile venue which hosts an intimate auditorium on a converted single-decker bus. The project is entirely voluntary run and has been funded by donations from individual sponsors and local businesses. The aim of the bus is to enable art to be able to travel to the heart of local communities ensuring that access to the arts is available to as many people as possible.
The bus is managed by a small team of volunteers who give us their free-time to enable events to happen on the bus.
About The Role
You will be a member of a small team who is self-motivated, driven and keen to make your mark on a truly unique and special project. With a good eye for detail you will seek out and capitalise on fundraising opportunities for the Theatre Bath Bus. You will be encouraged to use your creative flare and input to help realise the vision of the Theatre Bath Bus team.
You will be responsible for seeking out fundraising opportunities, helping to organise fundraising events, and creating good relationships with local businesses and sponsors. You will search out new sponsorship opportunities and help negotiate deals with potential sponsors.
The role will enable the right person to gain experience of fundraising and sponsorship for a unique project within an arts environment and for having creative ownership and output.
As the bus expands we envisage being able to offer clients freelance support for their projects so there is a possibility of this role leading to paid freelance fundraising work for other arts organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building and fostering relationships with key stakeholders including local businesses, funding bodies, local authorities and other key funders
- Producing a sponsorship and fundraising plan for the Theatre Bath Bus working closely with the Theatre Bath Bus management team and the Marketing Assistant to help create and implement the sponsorship and fundraising plan
- Customers and client liaison
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018. Working as part of the core Theatre Bath Bus team to help fundraise and find sponsorship for Edinburgh Fringe 2018.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in fundraising or relevant academic experience
- Event management, working in arts/events environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Ability to work well under-pressure
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate yourself and work without supervision
- Ability to work in a small team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in theatre and the arts
- Access to your own computer, laptop or Mac
- Experience of using WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience of using MailChimp for email campaigns
- Experience of using Photoshop, Indesign or equivalent design software
- Experience of video creation and editing
All volunteers will be required to help assist running a number of events (amount to be discussed) on board the bus.
Hours of Work:
The role can be as involved as you want it to be but we would anticipate you spending at least 12hrs a week working on the project and being available to attend committee meetings and other events as required by the volunteer management team.
Why volunteer to work for us?
By working with us you will gain valuable skills in the following areas:
- Fundraising and Sponsorship for an arts organisation
- Project Management
- Working to deadlines
- Communication and Networking
- Event Administration
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make valuable contacts within the local and national theatre scene. It will allow you to discover what is already on offer in Bath and where and how your future project(s) can fit into Bath’s fantastic arts community.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please do be creative with your cover letter, we’re looking from someone who has unique artistic flare.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 September – 5pm.