After consulting with potential users of the bus and the conversion team we have decided to change the inside layout of the bus. We feel the changes will make it much more user-friendly.
Here is a quick overview of what has been changed:
1. The stage is now bigger and has moved. We’ve gone from 1.5m x 2.5m to 3m x 2.5m.
2. Audience capacity has increased to 32 (basically a school class and two teachers) and seating is now on benches on a rake at the back of the bus.
3. Tech area has moved to the back left corner and there is a smaller storage and dressing room space in the top right corner.
4. A new snacks / merchandise area has been created at the front of the bus.
1. Yes the audience enter across the stage – we felt it was worth the compromise of a bigger stage and larger audience capacity and raked seating.
2. Yes the bus is fully accessible. The centre of the stage hinges back to allow for level access and the front benches can be removed to create room for wheelchairs, pushchairs or other access aids. There is also a fold out ramp to allow access at the front of the bus and the whole front is on hydraulics so can be lowered down.
3. Fire / Evac Procedures.
The bus has a double door at the front and smaller door at the back and also has a number of shatter-able Windows. Once the bus is completely a full evac procedure will be written up and training will be given to anyone using the bus.
4. The 4 benches at the very back of the bus on the wheel arches will be fixed. The bus falls under its own category which is that of playbuses which means that you can transport 8 passengers when the bus is in motion. These seats will allow for those 8 passengers and there are two other fixed side seats at the front of the bus which could also be used.
5. A projector and screen are fitted for presentations or mobile cinema.
6. Other than the 4 fixed benches the rest of the benches can be removed if you wish.
7. If you wish to extend the stage and have less audience you can use the carpeted area at the front of the stage as well.
If you have any further questions or comments please do let us know and we’ll do our best to answer them for you.